For those of you who joined us last month, a warm thank you is owed. Our TPP Healthcare China Partnering Forum during JPM Healthcare Week was a homerun.
The numbers: 300 attendees throughout the week, 500 live-stream registrants in China, 80 panelists, 60+ gallons of coffee, endless one-on-one meetings in our private ballrooms and 8K+ impressions on our Twitter Account.
Big week. Big year. This event reinforced our motto that the time is now for Western Innovation to meet Chinese Capital.
DAY ONE: TPP Healthcare China Education Day
China needs innovation and its government is supporting that. At our TPP Healthcare China Education Day, the audience had the opportunity to sit in on five of our informative panels discussing the Chinese healthcare market and how it applies to US innovation, how to access Chinese capital with limited bandwidth and deal structure examples – what’s worked and what hasn’t. My Full Summary of Day One at JPM17.
Some conference notes:
China is in urgent need of healthcare innovation.
China healthcare companies and investors have a tremendous amount of capital to deploy for investments and M&A.
China is becoming an approachable, open marketspace – especially for cross-border medical devices.
As with any industry, there are differences and pitfalls when partnering, but can be avoided with the right strategies and execution.
Chinese investors prefer long-term value creation over short-term benefits.
SPOTLIGHT: Innovation Panels
In addition to our Education Day, TPP hosted a series of Innovation Panels. Topics ranged from Women’s Health, Dermatology, Cancer Diagnostics, Cardiovascular and more. Full list of Innovation Topics.
Our Q.1 showcase highlights:
- Gamma Medica (Product: lumaGEM®)
- Diopsys (Product: Diopsys® ERG Sensors)
- Aerolase (Product: medical aesthetic lasers)
- Formula Pharmaceuticals (Product: Chimeric Antigen Receptor)
- Integrated Endoscopy (Product: Nuvis)
Be sure to check out our #TPPINSIGHTS hashtag on Twitter. This will link you to current news, recent cross-border deals and more. A look at our recent readings:
- BLOOMBERG: Chinese Investors Have Money, Want Biotech and Don’t Fear Trump
- CNN: China’s Aging Population Epidemic
- CHINA LAW BLOG: Getting Money out of China
- MCKINSEY&COMPANY: What can we expect in China in 2017?
Where to find us in 2017…
A snapshot of what’s on our radar this year:
- Latham & Watkins’ Reaching Outward: Emerging Trends in China Tech (February – Shenzhen);
- TO Health: Innovation Week (April – Toronto);
- tHIS: Health Industry Summit (May – Shanghai);
- Wilson & Sonsini 25th Annual Medical Device Conference (June – San Francisco);
- Biotech CEO Summit (July – Napa);
- AdvaMed 2017 : The MedTech Conference (September – San Jose);
- BioCentury: China Healthcare Summit (November – Shanghai)